May Result – “Svetogrdje/Blasphemy” (a great CD release, with an Ancient Beliefs done videoclip on it).
Musically speaking “May Result” always had a great dark atmosphere – made by keyboards and violin – embedded in their raw black metal music, a very touch of some kind of dark romanticism, pagan and mystic feeling.
By this interview we will find out some about keyboardist Milan, what ideologically relies behind the music and what’s new by the band and by their latest dark revelation “Svetogrdje” (Blasphemy) album which is finally out.
It’s always a pleasure to talk with artists so dedicated to their works so I am thankful that Milan have taken it\’s time to answer my interview so detailed and promptly.
How are the things going with you? How are the living times in Serbia today?
– Slava brother! Well thanks for asking it and I\’m quite fine at the moment after all these celebrations around the New Year etc, you know my stomach still suffer!!! he he … We prepare some live shows so it\’s always a lot of job to do around it. In Serbia, well it\’s a bit chaotic as we\’re in starting process to get this destroyed and ruined country to so necessary shit-hole called EU and as far as I can see, it\’s very painful with a lot of problems around our heads. But the problem is that usually poor people only feel it on their skin, as always… I hope that you understand me…
Is EU integration really a “panacea” for developing countries by cultural and economical problems? To culturally unify is to flat, to integrate one with each other is difficult if not impossible. Do you think are any benefits by cultural spectrum regarding the EU integration?
– Well, at the beginning I was really against this EU story etc but nowadays when I watch all this, I simply don’t fucking care. I mean, what the hell I can do? My opinion, my life really can’t change anything around this so…I simply want to live my life as much as it’s possible separate from all these pseudo democratic rules and that’s it. Truly, empty and totally uninteresting topic to me…
Let’s move towards the music part, so, first of all please make some enlightenment regarding May Result as band name and as ideology behind it. What “May Result” is by means of this?
– May Result is our battle, our war against everything around us, everything that try to harm and ruin our points of view in this life. Simply, it\’s daily open front against everything that not fit into our world, world of real and true dark emotions!
All right, the Serbian cult of the Raven seems to be the primary symbol of the band. What\’s its main origin and place in the Serbian culture?
– Yes, this cult was very strong here in the past but unfortunately nowadays it\’s almost totally forgotten as Christian occupation of course destroy all ancient beliefs . Cult of the Raven is deeply connected to the cult of death as people take them as a messengers of death and bad things at all. The cult was build in their fear from death so the Raven was respected as an obscure enemy which will take you from this life, if it\’s time for this. We try to save it in our way and mighty Raven will stay with us until the end, that\’s for sure!
\”Tmina\” album is a great piece of darkness with highly dedication to the ancient Serbian dark cults and beliefs. Is the \”Svetogrdje\” album following the same path?
What is really the main \”Sacrilege\” on this release?
– Thanx for your words about \”Tmina\”. Yes, this album still stay as very important moment in history of the band as it opened a lot of gates to us since it was recorded and released back in 2001.\”Svetogrdje\” is, of course, logical continuation of this album but again, it brings its own power and energy that will lead us in the future. I use to say that it will be our leader as we create it, and now we need to follow and support this creation. What is sacrilege? Each single moment of the album is nothing but pure blasphemy!
How was the recording on \”Svetogrdje\”, where did you record it and when? Do you have guests? I\’d like to know if the composing and recording process was as you expected it and finally if you are satisfied with the final result.
– As four times until now, since 1996 we record it in mighty \”Kazablanka\” studio where the bands create unique and well-known sound. Recording process was enjoyable as always as we\’re in very good relationship with the boss of \”Kazablanka\” , and I think that it\’s very important for good atmosphere during recording process. No, this time we didn\’t bring any guests as the story of this album was very closed and private so we simply wanted to create it by our own. There was plan to bring mighty Big Boss from cult Czech band Root, we even arrange everything with him but then there were some problems and we give up from this.
You ended with CCP records. How was the collaboration with them? Please tell me about Rock Express Records the label that released \”U Slavu Rogova Nasih\”[review here] and now \”Svetogrdje\” [review here] ? What about promotion, are you satisfied? I hope you\’ll get a good one as your music deserves.
– Huh man, I spoke so many times about this CCP topic and I\’m very tired of all this so plain and simple, they were good first step for the band, they were not interested to cooperate in stronger way so we simply leave them. As for \”Rock Express\”, the story is at the beginning as \”Svetogrdje\” has just been release, so we will see. Until now everything was very good and professional from their side, far, far better then with CCP. Yes, I really hope that they can follow power of the album and promote it well… it\’s about the time to see…
The release is limited to 500 double CDs which includes some special items. Can you tell me how you come to a decision to have a double CD release and a regular one too? What the CDs contain exactly?
– No, there are 666 limited copies of this DCD and also there is regular release of the album without any bonus. Heh, truly you\’re the one who make it possible as we really wanted to enclose your good work you done on the video clip. Before the recording process we decide to put it on the album as special bonus but then after we saw that there is no any free space for it as the album last long 72 minutes. Branko, the boss of the label decided to print this special limited edition so we create this multimedia CD with the clip, live show, wallpapers, screensavers etc… I\’m very satisfied how it looks like.
How are the things going with \”Awaken\” zine and distro?
And how are the things going with the \”The Stone\” band? There are any other side-projects?
– \”Awaken\” is always active, in one way or another. Unfortunately, I don\’t have almost any free time to create the next issue of the \’zine but distribution works properly and I always try to offer good and unique tapes as \”Awaken\” deal with MC format only. But the most important \”work\” of \”Awaken\” in the last two years was booking of the foreign bands and bring them here so until now we\’ve organized tons and tons of killer live shows as: Desaster, Root, Horna, Krieg, Benediction, Gorgoroth and tons of the others… soon we will organize Carpathian Forest, Desaster again then Marduk etc, etc… It\’s to shame that Romanian fans need visas for Serbia and they can\’t come to see all this as they always ask me for the shows. The Stone just released 7\”EP for Czech cult label \”Eclipse Production\” and of course the band is very proud on it. Also, we will continue with our label \”Solistitium Rec.\” and the next album will be released for them, too. Yes there are some side projects but I don\’t want to speak about it here as nothing is sure, yet…
Any plans for future you can tell right now? Maybe some concerts will follow nearby? I personally enjoyed the old way of black metal show you promote by live performances (flaming, corpse-paint).
– Of course, there are tons of future plans as we really want to promote this new album as much as it’s possible and live shows is what we strongly expect! There are some plans for mini tour but we will see… if there is anyone interested to organize the show in Romania, we will be there as always when we play in your land, it was great. I really saw that we have some really dedicated fans there, Slava to them!
Thanks for interview, keep on raw and hopefully we will see you on stages in Romania again!
– Yes, I hope that, too! Be sure that we will keep it raw and straight in face!!! Thanks a lot for this help and for all you done for the band. It\’s so damn good feeling when I find such a true and dedicated persons as you definitely are! Hope to meet you in the future brother. Respect also to my true brother Titus, from “Dark Distro”! Metal must be strong, raw and obscure, keep it that way! SLAVA!